Chinese buffets near me
Mneumonese--The Language of Memory, Logic, and Agápe
2015.01.06 00:40 justonium Mneumonese--The Language of Memory, Logic, and Agápe
Mneumonese (etymologically mnemonically derived from "mnemonic", "von Neumann", and "-ese") is an a priori, oligosynthetic, philosophical, logical, psychological, self-referential, recursively defined, programmatic constructed language that is constructed completely out of mnemonics. Mne(u)monese is a philosophical language. Mnemonese is a language spoken by a society on a planet that had its information technology boom in the pre-writing age rather than at the creation of compupers. hyu
2023.06.06 08:00 NovelNeighborhood6 Was I at fault?
I was in a busy parking lot near the entrance to let my passenger out. I was in a red lane and someone backed out of a handicap spot and ran into me. I had come to a complete stop before they started moving and the total distance they moved was about 25ft. Their insurance company os trying to assign 70% of the blame to me. I don’t have a video of the accident but want to call the superintendent of the building to try and get one. Was I actually at fault? I don’t think I am and told their insurance I reject any fault.
submitted by NovelNeighborhood6
to Car_Insurance_Help [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:59 DueAsk9337 23M - worried about neuropathy, mild-alcohol use problem according to assessment
I'm 23 years old and I consider myself healthy -- I exercise and try to eat healthy, and get good sleep. Not perfect, but not all too bad.
I graduated college in december and I was a wild partier. I would drink almost every weekend to excess, but it never interfered with school/work and I did very very well and it's paid off. After graduation I have seriously cut back on drinking, with near month breaks between drinking.
However, about two weeks ago I went back and visited my college friends and went on an absolute bender for several days. I came back home and didn't drink for a week, and then my friend visited and we went out. I had 4 drinks that night.
I woke up the next day exhausted, but not particularly hungover. However, I had horrible pins-and-needles in my hands.
It drove me insane and lasted all day. I freaked out and did research and have been loading up on B vitamins. The pins and needles have gone away and so has the pain... but my hands don't feel right and there's slightly decreased sensitivity on the back of my left hand.
Does this sound like alcoholic neuropathy? Is this irreversible? Will this require major lifestyle changes?? I'm very nervous and confused. I'm not a full blown alcoholic so I don't understand how this happened.
Any advice would be helpful. Much love to all.
submitted by DueAsk9337
to alcoholism [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:59 Digi_00 Average CPC for google ads in India
| || | submitted by Digi_00 to u/Digi_00 [link] [comments]
Anirup Technologies, a reputable google ads agency India
, has extensive experience in managing Google Ads campaigns and can provide insights into the average cost per click (CPC) for Google Ads in India
. While the average CPC can vary based on factors such as industry, keywords, and competition, Anirup Technologies can analyze your specific business requirements and target audience to provide you with a customized estimate. With their expertise, they can optimize your Google Ads campaigns to achieve the best CPC performance, ensuring maximum return on investment. Anirup Technologies combines their industry knowledge and data-driven approach to help businesses in India achieve their advertising goals effectively and cost-efficiently.
#xtremeads #Average_CPC_for_google_ads_in_India #google_Ads_agency_in_India #google_Ads_experts #google_Ads_Services_near_me #google_Ads_services_India #google_ads_management_services
average cpc for google ads in india
2023.06.06 07:58 Throwawaykonto123 What would my ideal job be?
I've been running my own company for 4 years. I basicly buy a certain used item and sell it to other professional dealers in other countries. So my main force is the buying part (have plenty of dealers lined up to buy from me). Together with my, somewhat, of negotiating skills, i do a lot of marketing online and i only get good reviews for my service.
Sometimes i wonder would my ideal profession would be. I've been a freight forwarder in various positions my entire life ~15 years, and even though this is mostly a logistic profession, i always loved the buy/sell part the most.
I love being self-employed, don't get me wrong, but sometimes i miss having co-workers and a more stable work week. But if i closed my business tomorrow, i would not have any idea what job i should look into? I'm making around 300k a year in take home/profit and ~1m in sales. As a freight forwarder i was doing around 23k a year (take home after taxes, we have very high taxes in my country) so this was a major jump, also not going back to that industry in any way.
Guess somekind of trade would be ideal, but most buyers/sellers i know doesnt make near even 100k a year. I also only have a low end business degree.
Am i stuck working my own job i created?
submitted by Throwawaykonto123
to HENRYfinance [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:58 banana_island29 my person had almost no imperfections and it's not good
I know we romanticize the deceased, but even when he was alive, I could NOT for the life of me think of any flaws of this person except for like 2 small things that seem so irrelevant now. I remember, because when he was alive and we were going through a rough patch I actually tried to write a list of his flaws once to make myself feel better, unbiased and honest, and could think of almost nothing no matter how I racked my brain over the time I knew him. I REALLY loved this man. So many people say "they weren't perfect but they were perfect for me" but I don't feel that way. I literally think this person was objectively unbelievable/remarkable/incredible/nearly perfect/infinite, and it's making me feel really alone and that everything else in life feels so small whenever I remember what a high level he was on and how special he was. I really, really loved and adored and also admired and looked up to him. he was also my role model. We were long distance for a while and I used to have a little voice in my head of him telling me how to do things because he was so adamant with wanting to help me and support me and give love to me and make me happy. it just hurts so much now. can anyone relate?
submitted by banana_island29
to widowers [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:58 BSBubbaRobinsonLuv Taiwan Strait: footage released of near miss between Chinese warship and US destroyer
2023.06.06 07:58 manuelgcg How hard is it to find a rental? (read the description pls)
I have recently moved to Perth for work (FIFO mining) and the company has accommodated me in a hotel for a month until I find a rental.
I have heard a lot of stories about how bad and complicated the rental market is at the moment and I have been to 12 inspections in the span of 10 days. Out of those 12 inspections I only applied for 2 rentals and I have received approval for one of them (yay me!)
The place is alright, is a 1bedroom apartment close to the airport for $500. I was paying $520 for a single furnished bedroom apartment in the middle of Brisbane city so now in hindsight I feel this one (The Perth one) is a tad expensive...
Not only this but the rental would start on the 10th of June which would essentially mean that the remaining 17 days of 'free living' at the hotel would be over and instead, I would have to start paying rent and so on.
My question is, I am nearly thinking about letting this one go and finding something better priced and closer to my last day at the hotel (that way I don't lose that money). The downside is that because I will be FIFO, there will be a lot of days in which I won't be able to check other properties in the remainder of the month.
How hard is it actually to find a rental?
submitted by manuelgcg
to perth [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:58 Viktoriia-09 Blood sugar before period
Hello, diagirls! Before my period I have higher blood sugar than usual. But this time it’s exetremely high. I added 2 units of Tresiba, but it doesn’t help. Usually I bolus with Apidra, but I also have Fiasp, so I tried to lower blood sugar with Fiasp. It was 16 during the night, it was the highest blood sugar I’ve ever had. I put nearly 10 units of Fiasp and I woke up with 10,3 Advice me something, please. Maybe someone had the same experience. Thanks 🙏
submitted by Viktoriia-09
to diabetes_t1 [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:58 Cat_of_the_woods Dilemma: Is it common to wonder what if I were the opposite sex, even if I am not trans?
A lot of text, (maybe?) but I really need y'alls help. I just want to have an idea on how to articulate this with my new therapist for when I move to a new city in a few months.
In recent years as I age I wonder often about what if I were female and often times with traditional feminine fantasies or with masculine traits in the body of a female.
As a kid I was pretty certain I was happy I was assigned male at birth and in my early to mid twenties the thoughts I have now never crossed my mind. I will be honest, a lot of why I think about "what if I were a woman and not a man" are for two reasons:
- I have a genetic condition that causes eventual blindness. It affects the males in my family and females are unaffected although they carry the gene themselves. Losing my vision progressively (I can still drive but I don't think I can continue driving as I enter my 30's and 40's) is depressing to say the least. I often ask myself as well, what if there's a cure tomorrow or what if I was assigned female at birth, would my life be easier without this illness? I am still in therapy learning to accept this part of my life and continue to participate for myself and those I love.
-Childhood trauma stuff and sometimes I wonder if my parents, especially my mom would have been kinder to me (still abusive most likely) if I were a female. Often times my gender came into question whenever I was complaining about pain (often times serious injuries and/or illness) and I got sick of being told, "you're a man, man up." I am in the end, a sensitive individual which only recently have I embraced and accepted. I sometimes feel like I might
have accepted myself about this, long before I do now.
Sometimes I do like to entertain the thought of imagining starting life over as a woman. I often wonder would I have been more popular amongst my peers especially if I were an attractive woman (I think I am attractive as a man). I often think about what a female me would look like in a dress or doing what I love to do now - Muay Thai/Boxing/ring-fighting in general (once upon a time I fought).
When I try my best to listen to women talk about their problems specifically related to being a woman, I feel like I spend more time than necessary wondering what it would be like in their
shoes. Even though I never will truly know what it's like. Wondering what a period feels like, what giving birth is like, the sexual harassment, the discrimination, all the things that they experience.
Lastly, I admittedly feel repulsed by the idea of myself putting on say a dress, make up, or nearly all manner of feminine appearance. I do enjoy the typical portrayals of women being empathetic, tender, and caring as I aim to have plenty of that in my behavior, but in terms of actually experimenting with being a woman... I just can't.
Also lastly: Please bear with me if my terminology sounds off i.e. woman vs. female. I try my best to be on point and know that sex and gender is not the same thing and gender is a spectrum, but I sometimes don't articulate myself well on this subject matter. Feedback on this is welcomed. And for reference - I am a Cis Asian male who uses the pronouns he/his.
I would just like to know what other people's insights are and if they ever navigated this.
submitted by Cat_of_the_woods
to lgbt [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:57 BSBubbaRobinsonLuv Taiwan Strait: footage released of near miss between Chinese warship and US destroyer
2023.06.06 07:57 Basicallyacrow7 Timeline story + advice/hope
Hey everyone, Apologies for the long read, I am on day 13 of symptoms, so almost two weeks. And everyone’s posts of recovery and what they did to aid that helped me so much, I wanted to add my own for those just being diagnosed and looking for help, hope and support. This illness is scary, painful, and exhausting. It is genuinely, by far, the worst thing I have ever been through. This isn’t going to be true for everyone, as this illness affects us all differently, but I wanted to share.
May 24th, I noticed my throat felt funny. I looked at my throat with my phone flashlight in the mirror and noticed my tonsils were a bit swollen, wasn’t concerned, I had just traveled to PA from Fl for a wedding, was having allergy issues all week, figured it was from that.
Went to work the next day, was completely fine, tonsils still bugging me but didn’t check them again until I was home. Vastly more swollen, plus some white on them now, slightly concerned at this point. But strep had just gone through my office at work.
I had Friday off, assuming it was strep, went into urgent care to get antibiotics and be on with my life. (Little did I know) The assistant swabbed my throat, Doc comes in, feels my lymphnodes, looks at my throat and goes “we’ll finish the test for strep, but I’m telling you now I think it’s mono” PANIC. Mono? How do I have mono?? Strep is negative. They do a monospot. It’s positive. Leave urgent care a wreck and go to my boyfriends as planned. Tell him we can’t kiss or share anything even tho I kissed him two days before I got diagnosed lol but better to try to be safe from here on.
Saturday - Monday I stayed at my boyfriends, progressively getting a worse and worse sore throat.
I go home Monday night, and I am MISERABLE, my parents bring every trick in the book for things for me to take, gargle, etc.
Tuesday, feel worse, I go to urgent care AGAIN, tested for strep and mono AGAIN. Test positive for only mono AGAIN. Get prescribed 5 day oral steroids. Miserable. No sleep.
Wednesday. Home alone, crying, in pain, panicking, just wanting to eat something, talk to my parents, talk to my boyfriends mom (who had mono as a kid), talk to my boyfriend, end up going back to my boyfriends city (an hour and a half away) to go to the ER. ER tells me the same thing as everyone. Mono, it sucks, suck it up and suffer for 2-4 weeks, we can’t do anything.
Thursday - Sunday, the throat pain got worse everyday, I’ve barely slept since Monday, I am crying everyday, can barely drink water, drooling at night (threw said pillow away) because I can’t swallow any spit without physical flinching from how bad it hurts. Gotta throw in some cred here to the bf tho, he was an absolute God send through all of this. Thank God mono isn’t super easy to transfer as long as you’re careful about saliva and whatnot, because he would hold me while I was sobbing because it hurt so bad. Brought me tea with honey several times a day. Got me soft foods, popsicles. Took absolutely incredible care of me and I can’t thank him enough.
Saturday by far was the WORST day for me, convinced myself I had an abscess in my tonsil bc the pain got so unbearably bad. I think I cried for 4 hours straight. Called my mom sobbing. Never in my life have I been on the ground crying in pain just saying “make it stop” over and over again. Told my bf we’re going to the ER again the next day and I slept on the couch that night, took 2000MG of acetaminophen, mentioned the couch for a reason… I let myself drool as much as needed that night, and forced myself to sleep. I got the more sleep that night than I had in 9 days.
Finally, wake up feeling somewhat better, It still hurt, but my pain went from a 12/10, to about a 7/10. Swelling in my tonsils had gone down. I could drink water again without physically recoiling in pain. Slept a few more hours throughout that day. Slept ANOTHER full night that night (less drooling lol)
Today (technically yesterday as it’s 1am) was by far my best day. I was able to go out to eat with my boyfriend, ate soft tacos!! Did some small tasks around the house to help clean up after literally laying in bed for 6 days straight. I’m not sure if it’s from lack of sleep or if the fatigue is kicking in (I’ve seen a lot of people say they get the fatigue once the sore throat clears up) but I’d do one task and then go lay down. But I’m also being VERY careful to not overdo it and make myself go backwards until I’m 100% again.
I’m planning to go home tomorrow, and back to work Wednesday.
As for treatments and advice in pain management and help for symptoms, here is what I used;
Salt water 1/2 tsp, apple cider vinegar 1 tsp, 8oz of warm water (I never measured lol) gargle this ever hour if you want to, I know I did. I only did salt water until Friday though, my dad told me about the apple cider vinegar.
Virgin coconut oil, again didn’t measure, people say 1-3 teaspoons, I used one scoop of a regular spoon mixed into warm water to melt it, I tried to just use it but the texture was gross. I would take one swig and gargle for as long as I could, then drink the rest of the cup, 3 times a day. Started this on Thursday. Although Saturday was my worst day, I do credit this a lot.
PROTEIN SHAKES, my boyfriends parents got me protein shakes delivered to the house bc I literally stopped eating. I was drinking those religiously. They (somehow) hurt less than water and saliva going down and gave me some strength. Premier protein vanilla shakes taste amazing, 30g of protein per shake, plus immune support. They were a life saver.
Acetaminophen, 3000mg per day is the recommended technical limit, I was in so much pain I didn’t care, I am NOT recommending you od on painkillers. But I was taking 2-3 500mg pills, every 4-6 hours, they’d help, somewhat.
Throat numbing spray, this genuinely only helped for max 10 minutes, but it was something when the pain got really bad.
Brushing your teeth/mouthwash, not sure for how many others, but when the infection on my tonsils was at its worst thurs-Sun I could actually TASTE it, it made my mouth feel and taste disgusting. I found brushing my teeth and swishing/gargling with alcohol free mouthwash a couple times a day helped a ton with this.
Looking at my throat just a little bit ago, the swelling has drastically gone down, the white is nearly gone, and the pain is a 2/10. I know I’m not out of the woods yet, bc this is a tricky virus but I’m planning to take it easy and keep eating healthy and keeping up with treatments for at least another week or so. I’m so grateful to people in this forum and the people around me who helped me get through this. And to anyone who’s reading this, you got this, you WILL get through it and it will be okay. This too shall pass as my dad always says. I wanted that as a tattoo before but I really do now lol. If you made it to the end of this novel thank you, and I hope whoever’s reading this, it helps, and that you start feeling better soon! If anyone wants to chat I am more than happy to, I know I needed people who’d been through this pain to talk to/hear from when I was dealing with the emotions from this 🖤
submitted by Basicallyacrow7
to Mononucleosis [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:56 poopslob Lost cat in Milwaukie near SE Jackson & 44th! Charlie’s a 12 year old grey and white neutered male, he went outside early 6/3 and hasn’t returned. Please let me know if you see him. Thanks everyone!
2023.06.06 07:56 anonymous679 I feel numb to the point i cant cry even if i want
I have this gf for 6 years met her in april 28th 2017 we are ldr idc if she finds this anymore we had our ups and downs we had even broke up and got back together we were supposed to meet in 2020 but the pandemic ruined it finally i was able to meet her in april 28 2023 at 11:19 to be exact which is also our lucky number hence my bd is on a 19th and her on an 11th we have gone through alot of toxicness and have bettered ourselves i went there and it was amazing she would take care of me and make me feel like never before when we'd argue she would actually communicate her family was lovely they treated me like one of their own especially her father, i waited till the very end to ask them if i could have their blessing which before me finishing that sentence they said yes i had observed her and i was like she deserves it of course her attitude before meeting her was bad but when she was near me it was so calm so there comes the day i proposed to her may 2nd 9:14 pm we really did it i achieved my dreams i said to myself i come back to usa from the Philippines on may 6th everything is fine we would have arguments that we would fix sometimes when she gets wrath/anger she would say i wanna break even tho i know she doesn't mean it and when she's happy she would say I'm sorry so ofc lets fast ward till june 2 we had an argument which was my fault i had apologised and admitted my fault normally I'm a patient guy but i been impatient for the last 2 or 3 days before that and i said id fix it the day after that her work page from Facebook had posted something from their personal account she had said don't comment bla bla bla even tho i wasn't gonna comment in her boss fb when i do i would ask i felt as if she was ashamed of me i said and we got into an argument of her saying you always worry always doubtful it used to be true until we met in person her reasoning was bc she wants to keep the relationship private when she clearly has me and her together in the profile picture idk why i feel this way its been 3 days and i still cant shake it off maybe its because all the shit i had to go through with this girl even her sister had agreed with me, next time she ask for a break even if she doesn't mean it i will take it bc that day i felt like my emotions didn't matter she said lets not talk for 7 days it wasn't until i made her feel better that she changed her mind all i wanted was for an I'm sorry or just love but no she didn't care i haven't asked her wyd or where you going since that day i been acting cold asf she got mad at me for being upset and being on my phone watching videos while my anger passed when she does the same in fact she told me to be patient till her anger passed i wanna cry to let all of this suppressed anger but cant. If she finds this in all honesty i don't care if you leave or not if you're just gonna keep hurting me or making me the way i do
submitted by anonymous679
to confessions [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:55 footcenterli Planters Wart Removal
Get professional plantar wart removal
at Foot Center LI. Our expert podiatrists offer effective treatments to remove plantar warts and provide relief. Visit our website to learn more about our specialized wart removal procedures and schedule a consultation
submitted by footcenterli
to u/footcenterli [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:54 Diamond-Dan1212_ A ghost was about to attack me in the bathroom
Before I start, this was a very faint memory and there's a 10% chance there mightve not been anything paranormal. So I was around 8 years old when one night I had to go pee. It was late but I couldn't hold it in. I got out of bed and in my pyjamas, I walked down our long hallway into the bathroom. I did the deed but then I looked around. I have heard stories of paranormal occurrences mainly on YouTube and I started to get scared. I panicked and looked around the room to see if there were any ghosts or monsters. After a bit, I realised that outside the bathroom, the house was darkness. As a kid, I was terrified of the dark and had intentions to stay the night in the bathroom. An hour goes by, I realise the solid floor was unbearable and that wherever I wasn't looking, I had the intention a monster was looking at me (that was probably my inner kid thoughts). Suddenly, there's a knock on the door and I turn around to feel a tap on my shoulder. A shadowy figure was peaking over my bathtub but after a tenth of a millisecond, it vanished. This is where I started to tear up. Suddenly, I have this cold feeling on my body as if a looming presence is getting closer to me as I lay on the tiled floor. After some thinking, I decide to book it. I open the bathroom door and peer into the darkness of my hallway. I sprint down it however I feel something. Almost like a cold hand trying to pull me back into the bathroom but it loses its grip. Down the hallway, I see a black, shadowy figure of a boy who looked like me. I had no time to react and I ran through it. Literally, I ran through the figure but it felt like I was running through a slimy mass. When I ran though it, it seemed to have resistance on me. I ran back into my bedroom, slammed the door and went to bed. As I lay on my bed, the intrusive thoughts hit, if I were in that bathroom for longer, the black figure mightve come in and done something to me. It's been nearly 8 years now and I think of everything else being in my head. But there was something about the black figure in the hallway that felt real. Too real...
submitted by Diamond-Dan1212_
to RealScaryHorror [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:53 PinkPengin [Thank You] Very, very behind
These are not in any particular order - some may have come a few weeks ago, some today.
But I do have good news: I did NOT work on cards at all this weekend, because I spent Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday all doing amazing fun things with my wife as we kicked off our celebration of Pride month. For those who don't know, we currently have two houses, in two different states, one where she mostly lives (in the U.S. Pacific Northwest) and one where I mostly live (in the U.S. Southwest, known as the Cactus Cathouse). We are gearing up to sell our northern outpost house and live together in the Cactus Cathouse, and this was sort of our "last hurrah" weekend before showings and whatnot really get started.
But now, I'm trying to get cardthings caught up so that I'm not trying to deal with them during the eventual relocation, starting with these thanks and hopefully progressing on to a request and an offer tomorrow as time permits.
Also, someone in this (long) list sent me a lovely, large rainbow snail vinyl sticker, but I couldn't tell whose mail it came from. (Maybe u/amyt13
?) Anyway, whoever you are, I appreciate you immensely and I'm sorry for not organizing myself better.
(First of all, thanks to the flair team, because yikes this is the worst and I'm very sorry!) u/amabisca
- This handmade purple card (my favorite color!) is amazing and was such an uplifting surprise. Thank you so, so much! u/amyt13
(x2) - Thank you for the beautiful handmade collage card, the Oscar Wilde card, and all the extras! I hope you are able to find a good place to call home too - the one you were describing sounds like my kind of town, and I hope it works out. I'll cross my fingers for you! u/AppleCritter723
- This cute botanical card/letter I an opening from you is dated in April. APRIL, friend. I am sorry. It is full of good news and cute stickers and I swear I will write actual mail and not just send weird envelopes of things to you and your "bigger little" soon. I hope your Memorial Day weekend travels weren't too bad, and that Gandalf the adventurer is letting you occasionally stay inside. You created a meow-monster! u/awachob
- Goose!! I can't believe I got to be the goose! Thank you so much for a fun offer. (And for the neat stickers!) u/blue-wanderer-quartz
- I am very late saying thanks for the Five of Pentacles cat tarot sticker reading, but it was incredibly appropriate to read about pooling resources as my wife and I re-combine households in part due to love but in large part due to, well, wanting to actually have disposable income! I think it's interesting that we both chose pentacles for each other! (And the cat postcard your reading is on is very cute, I don't want to forget that!) u/bluedecemberart
(x2) - I love the vintage VA hospital postcard from Maine... and we already chatted about the "not noticing the chores" thing but rereading the card as I went to post this made me sure again that we are somehow the same person. WEIRD, but COOL. And your New York skyline postcard is lovely, and now I want to watch A Crown of Candy! u/championvilla
- I adore this MarioKart card! My wife and I used to play a lot (right now, we have the game systems packed for house-showing). I hope that your husband is continuing to feel better (and that the cat finally decided to get off of him, lol!) u/chiquita61
- The sloth mermaid dolphin thank-you card with penguin stickers is absolutely wonderful... and I am so happy you liked my "reject" sticker card in all its glory! u/comingtogetyoubabs
(x6) - This crystal ball card with Petit's ABSOLUTE WISDOM is just amazing, friend. (Also, did I get a little teary at "writer of hugs in card form" MAYBE). And the amazing goodies you included - the cat-yang patch, your beautiful handmade notepaper... there is no way I deserve the awesomeness that is you "buzzing" into my life. And then the second cat card and all the goodies, including the adorable bookmark...! And THEN I realized you had hand-drawn me three tarot cards that you wrote about, AND then I found your origami letter... I am in awe, friend. You are wonderful! u/cswl
(x10) - This is what I get for not keeping up with my thanks, I feel silly with how behind I am for you, my dear friend! (Both in thanking AND in writing back.) Thank you for the cute plant notecard (I do not do Informed Delivery because it will just make me sad, I think); the red fox postcard (did you go to Fogo, which is one of my favorite places ever??); the "sources of acid" postcard (I always feel better when I have time for myself too, and also always delay it too long); the absolutely delicious LouPaper charcuterie board postcard (I have both too many cards and somehow never the ones I really feel like I wish I had to send people); the postcard from The Lion King (yay garage sale days!); the Strange Planet vibrating cat postcard (so outnumbered, I have given up, they are in charge now); the two different New Yorker cartoon cards (you are 100% right - hard times are harder on the one holding down the fort in SO many ways, been there/done that, and also guilt trips suck and I'm sorry the person tried to send you on one); the cute bird saying hi card (the one-house thing was her idea first, and it will definitely be for the best, though I need to make sure I keep focusing on me too!); and especially thanks for "Content Lives Everywhere" collage you made - that is just wonderful. You are so great. I am sorry I'm such a bad postal pal but I'm trying to do better! u/dazeyferry
(x2) - My dear friend, this penguin with flowers card is AMAZING and I am so, so grateful that you thought of me when you saw it. And the little floral thank-you card addition was perfect as well. I love you and I am so glad we are friends! As far as bingeworthy shows - have you seen Ted Lasso? Schmigadoon? (Both on AppleTV.) Those are amazing. We also started watching Hello, Tomorrow, which is a bit sad sometimes but really good! I'll try to think of some more, too. u/draconic_healing
- I love this little tiny Polaroid-style postcard - it's adorable! Please pet the kitty for me - I couldn't tell if you wrote "Bear" or "Bean" but both are great names! u/dwrfstr
- This gold penguin card is amazing and adorable and I cannot believe your luck to find it thrifted! I picked up a set of hundreds of vintage postcards from an art reuse store that's near where we met up, and I ended up with, like, 16 of the same weird chapel at a church camp in South Dakota, so you definitely win... u/fancayschmanzayyy
- Your cat thank-you card was wonderful (as were the cool stickers!) And most of all, I very much appreciate you telling me about your act of kindness and I especially appreciate your caregiving nature. I cared for my mom for many years before she passed away and stories like the one you told will always be especially important to me. You make a difference and I am so grateful you exist! u/Fancykiddens
(x2) - I feel terribly, terribly guilty for how late I am thanking you for this amazing CARD-CEPTION package!! First, from the pengin section: the pengin family you drew me, how awesome are they?! You are so talented! I almost never keep envelopes but this one got immediately saved with my "penguin stash." Then there was your beautiful handmade Frida Kahlo card - exactly my vibe, I love it! The penguin goodie bag with the penguins and their fish snackles inside was adorable too. And then, moving to the "monsteroo" or cute monster section, I adored your Monsters Inc. letter and goodies as well! I especially liked hearing that, at the time you wrote it, you were feeling particularly well and accomplished, and I adored hearing how much carding has helped your outlook. SAME, FRIEND. So much so!! u/feellikebeingajerk
(x2) - Holly Hobbie card (the first, maybe?) has arrived! And yes, it brought back awesome memories. I didn't get a lot of "trendy" things growing up, as my parents and I didn't have a lot of money, but there was a discount department store near us, sort of an early version of a T.J. Maxx or Ross that was called Hills, and it would sometimes get slight misprints or seconds of things like bedding, which is, I am -positive-, how I came to be able to have Holly Hobbie. And I don't remember anything "wrong" with it, so, way to go, Mom of PinkPengin, for that find! LOL. Also, thanks for the cool Papyrus thank-you card from your random offer, and for the stickers! u/fieldofcabins
- This adorable bee thank-you postcard is so great (and the penguin as the stamp image, ahhh!) I am glad your dad is healing and please let him know I'm still thinking of him. (And of course I'm always thinking of you, too!) u/GizmoDOS
- Thanks for the solar system postcard, friend! I loved hearing from you. Life really has been hectic lately. I hope yours is moving in the direction of settling down. Mine is going to be rough briefly but then hopefully a lot smoother! u/hermitcreature
- I love this Studio Ghibli-themed card and all the great stickers and dragon facts from your book (and the amazing Zimbabwean owl stamp)! I hope you will like your card from me in exchange when it arrives - I just sent it this week, I am very sorry! u/HexagonalRainbow
- I loved your anime postcard but even more, I loved hearing about your concert! u/isar-love
(x2) - These cartoon owls with their hats and shoes on your card from March are AMAZING! (And the accompanying postcard with more behatted owls also made my day!) I agree with you very much that owl facial expressions are the thing that especially warms my heart to them. They seem so intelligent and curious and often kind (especially in illustrations) with their big eyes looking right at me! I have several little stuffed-animal friend owls, including two very special ones named Swoops (who is tan) and Fwoops (who is pink, though his name reference is from fuschia - he is a "Fuschia Swoops" - way better than a Pink Swoops, who I fear would have to be "Poops," LOL!) Thank you so much for your wonderful kindness and friendship and fun mail! u/jaimekj
- Thank you for the floral card, great stickers and most importantly your note and your friendship! I do like New Mexico (more than my part of the Southwest, honestly, but we had family reasons we picked where we did)! I'm crossing my fingers about an interest-rate drop. If I had my choice, I'd either like to find someone bigger in Washington, or move back to Pennsylvania, I think. There are ups and downs to both. And I will VERY much hate going back to snow, that's one thing I do love about where I am in the desert! u/jvanct88
- I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have a letter from you with an update (and updated address), dear friend! In one way, I am VERY sorry for all the things you have been finding out, but in another way I am happy that you finally know the truth and I believe that knowing it will be very helpful in having closure and a good feeling as you move to a new chapter in your life. And I am VERY hopeful that your tattoo came out amazing! I am a big, big fan of tattoos and piercings. A funny story is that I got 2 new tattoos and several piercings when my wife and I were separated, including a nosering, which she always said she hated. (She didn't mind other tattoos and piercings generally.) When we got back together, she apologized for ever saying that, and said how good it looks on me. That was nice, but I very plainly also told her, "I wouldn't care even if you hate it, because I love it and I'm keeping it forever." LOL! Anyway, I love this dinosaur princess cactus card and I am very happy to hear from you and will write to you again soon! u/KatDuq
(x3) - My dear friend!! This butterfly card you made to thank me for MY card in honor of your new letter opener is beautiful (as are the included penguin stickers, which are beautiful, of course!) I also loved your separate letter talking about the things you make. I do journal, sometimes, but I suffer from the problem of all notebook and journal-havers... I hate to USE the beautiful books I have lest I "mess them up!" What really helped me get out of that mindset somewhat was actually the Happy Planner notebooks, because I felt like I could always remove pages and rearrange! And now I am getting into bookbinding and I feel like that helps too because I can more easily make things "modular" and not have the fear of ruining a whole gigantic book right off the bat. I know that's perfectionism talking and I am working on getting rid of that mindset altogether, but for now, baby steps. And HUGE congrats on what you've sold, you definitely have a customer in me if you get an online store set up! Finally, thank you for the lovely oracle reading, which (unsurprisingly) was just what I needed to hear now, tonight, as I write this! I specifically didn't look closely at it until now because I figured I'd see it when the time was right and... yup. I did. You are amazing and I appreciate you sharing your beautiful new deck with me. (And that logo stamp you got! SO worth it, it looks amazing!) u/littlemermaidxx
- Your Pride Is Everyday postcard is beautiful - thank you so much! I have Pride happy mail coming your way too. u/maiiiu
(x3) - WOW, you are way too kind to me!! What an adorable thank-you postcard, first of all. And I adored your wonderful handmade penguin collage thank-you card too, and loved hearing the good news about your summer trip plans. I hope it is a truly special time for you and your dear best friend! And then this custom penguin stationery... WOW. You are just amazing and I am very grateful! (Also, the way you attached your sticker gifts in your collage card was great, I might steal that method.) u/melhen16
- Where did you find this amazing desert-post-office-style card? Did you make it? It's amazing! (And thank you for the beautiful stickers, too!) u/mumbagoespainting
(x3) - Your handmade hometown card is so beautiful, my friend! I loved hearing how you learned to say it. (I admit - I get that one wrong on the first try and have to correct myself every time, despite being from not terribly far south, where we heard it more than occasionally!) And your watercolor dragon is absolutely fabulous!! I loved hearing that we have very similar color tastes - purples, grays, teal! Seeing the dragon pick up those colors was perfect. Finally, your black-and-white abstract card with the glitter made me smile, though I was sad to read about why you had to miss the trip... I hope you are feeling better! And, of course, thank you again for all your stickers and other extras and most importantly for your kindness and friendship. I am beyond grateful for you!! u/ninajyang
- I like the crafty postcard from Pipsticks! And yeah... Hairspray... love the music, definitely not sure about some other things... sigh. u/nirelleth
- I absolutely adore this great penguin and fox postcard for our "wish" exchange! I hope you like yours when it arrives, too. (I just sent it last week, I am so sorry for the wait!) I think my favorite fact about penguins is that they are not all polar; in fact, some of my favorites are temperate ones. (I say, in fact, that I myself am a "temperate pengin!") u/non_avian
(x3) - I am VERY sorry this has taken me so long to write (and even to open and fully enjoy). Your handmade Scoffby postcard with my past-present-future reading was absolutely amazing and is going on my "display shelf" of some of my most treasured cards! I need to know how you made his crystal ball, which is gorgeous! Also, please tell Scoffby that I am very much food-motivated (in fact, I just bribed myself tonight with hibachi). So, his signature chant is VERY well-placed when directed at me. I also adored your letter and the cute paper it was written on, and I am thrilled about the Furby washi card and all the goodies, too! I had no idea that Furby washi even existed, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised... and the capy noodles sticker and adorable penguins and everything else... I am so grateful. I have some mail coming your way very soon; all the "parts" are ready, I just need to put them together and actually get it sent! u/Peonynote
(x2) - Your cat thank-you card was adorable and most importantly, I am so excited for all your travels (and I LOVED seeing your penguin friends together!) And the lovely rainbow card with penguin stickers and super-cute penguin sticky note, in honor of Pride Month, made my day! I hope your walking is going well, still, now that it's getting warmer and stickier. u/ResidentComposer1939
- I loved your sweet bird notecard and your penguin drawing (it's WAY better than my drawings, let me tell you!) u/SherlockLady
(x3) - Your beautiful butterfly card was lovely as it was, and then I saw the cute mini-card with the reminder about being the happiest/healthiest version of myself, AND the special penguin painting from your young carding apprentice... and wow, I just felt so special! What an awesome gift. u/soft_distortion
- This Gender Is Such a Drag postcard is perfecttttttttt. I loved hearing about the drag brunches too! u/thecalendonianrose
- This square penguin card is amazing and I am so grateful that you thought of sending it to me! (And all the stickers are lovely, thank you!) My wife and allllll the kitties say hello back. u/TigerLady13
- This is definitely a late thanks, I apologize! But I appreciated the vintage Continental Divide postcard and the "Peng-Win" pun... made me giggle! u/TyeDyeAmish
- I love this pufferfish card, and I have really enjoyed getting to chat with you recently! Most importantly, how was the book sale?! I'm fairly certain it's one I've been to in the past, based on the date you said you were going, and I miss it and a few others in the area so much! u/umeshufan
- Why, yes, this Cat Island postcard DOES look like my house, and yes, there are really 19 inside, and even funnier, YES, I am allergic to cats. The thing is, you do build up a tolerance to ones you are around regularly, but when I travel and then come back, it is truly a nightmare. Thankfully I almost never let any in my bedroom and never to sleep, so I can at least breathe overnight! u/wabisabi_sf
(x2) - My friend, I am in awe of these amazing pink-and-penguin-themed pieces of happy mail!! I had never seen these before and I am DEFINITELY going to be getting more. You are so wonderful to me! u/welshfancy
(x5) - Thanks for the Laughlin postcard (very belatedly)! Your trip to Long Beach sounds almost as multi-stop as my recent cards' journeys to you, though thankfully you didn't need your passport, at least?! And thank you also for the amazing handmade "blooms" collage card (which, as far as I'm concerned, is appropriate for spring OR summer, so it seems perfectly timed to me); the great cat mini-card that you wrote while either eating breakfast or getting your tires changed on your travels; the penguin-with-J-based-life-preserver doodle (which I thought was GREAT, so don't even say it's worse than your others, which I also liked!); and your lovely letter on penguin paper, plus of course the bonus stationery! You spoil me!! I'm thinking of you as you try to decide "what's next" locationally, too. u/yetanotherblankface
- I think your beautiful handmade card for the "Hometown" meta challenge is giving exactly the right vibes! It certainly made me feel cozy and relaxed, which is the feeling I'd most like to associate with home. u/yviantics
- Your hand-drawn Pink Party Penguin postcard with its lovely hat, and the great penguin sticker, absolutely made my day!! I do not draw well at all and I am always amazed when people who can will share their talent with me. Thank you so, so much! (And, by the way, I tried the bananas-and-barbecue-chips combo and was really surprised at how good it was, so thanks for that, too!) u/56thorns
- Thank you for the wonderful postcard from the "Falls!" My wife and I were there to ring in the New Year for 2019 and I've been a couple other times too. Such a lovely place for a getaway, and it sounds like you had fun! u/todayisfab
- In my stack of not-thanked-yet mail I found my very own postcard from our meetup, and it made me smile all over again. Thank you all so much, again, for a fun day. And to whichever of you put penguin stickers on this along with the cacti - I am super impressed that you pulled that off without me noticing, they are WAY too cute.
submitted by PinkPengin
to RandomActsofCards [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:53 Brave_Assumption_541 Am I over reacting?
I am a 31 year old female. My ex partner is also female. We discussed having a child together as we were with each other for a few years, but I did not want to at the time. I already have a nearly 11 year old son who has SEMH issues and I myself have several mental health conditions that I am working on.
Stupidly, at a low point in the relationship, I got close with someone else and ended up cheating. I don’t know why, and I felt guilty and hated myself after. By this point in the relationship, it was already going downhill, communication was scarce, physical activity was scarce, I was severely depressed, felt alone, unwanted. So to feel desirable again, I wanted that. I needed that. This person ruined a lot and I had to drop out of uni because of this person and they were extremely toxic. They had a huge grip on me and I’m not sure why but I guess sometimes I can be quite vulnerable.
I came clean to my partner and we were going to work through it, but we were stuck with a dog from the person I had cheated with (he got dumped on us), I absolutely hated this dog and he was not a good fit for the house and our other dogs. My partner however loved him and I tried for months to make it work. After one particularly bad fight between two of the dogs, I told my partner they would have to go and stay somewhere else with the dog until he was rehomed. This was discussed a lot and he was going to stay with her dad. We live at opposite ends of the country. So she leaves. There isn’t really any animosity, but we can’t have the dogs attacking each other.
We continue to talk, text, FaceTime etc. After a few weeks of heavy discussions we decided to call it quits for a bit as something clearly wasn’t working in the relationship. At the time I was addicted to prescription medication, self harming, slipping back into eating disorder behaviours, and just generally severely depressed. After two overdoses and another stint in hospital for self harm, I decided to get myself help. My best friend was very supportive. Not long after I got into ‘recovery’ which really was just methadone and not a whole lot else apart from being on waiting lists and trying to just get through the days really. Fast forward and me, my ex, and my best friend fall out. I suspected they were talking about me being my back and I found out they were after seeing the messages. This immediately vilified my feelings of paranoia as I originally put it down to my mental health.
We fell out, I spent hours deleting every single picture of any of us at all on every social media and cloud backup I have. I’m very good at cutting people off and didn’t really bat an eyelid, as much as I did miss them I didn’t even think of them at the same time?
Subsequently I ended up talking to them both again, mainly because of messages that needed to be sent. We all sort of moved on and all was fine. The past two weeks I have been unwell due to starting and then coming off a new medication. I also had a major mood dip and went from ‘okay’ to extremely suicidal in a matter of minutes for days. This is pretty normal for me, so I tried to just ride the waves. Still speaking to my ex everyday, talking about how we could make it work, what could we do to make it work etc. I made sure I kept on track getting better for my son and with the thinking that eventually me and my ex would end up back together again due to the numerous, extensive conversations we had had. I always knew she wanted a child, I told her it wasn’t the right time for me and I was unsure, but at the same time we spoke of all different scenarios of us pregnant and how it would work.
Fast forward to this week, my friend shows me something on her phone and I see my exes picture there. Normally not a problem except that my ex said she doesn’t speak to her so instantly my head went into overdrive thinking they were talking about me. I asked my best friend about it and she said ‘Oh, we talk all the time’ which was a lie right to my face. I called her out on it and said well that’s not what my ex says etc. The rest of the ride home I feel really uncomfortable because I feel paranoid and I know something is happening.
Later that night, my ex texts me and tells me she’s pregnant. She hadn’t even told me she was trying. Turns out my best friend knew before me, and had been keeping it from me. I get that it wasn’t her news to share, but considering she is meant to be my best friend, she should’ve known how upset I would be. I flipped. I was livid at my best friend for lying to my face and keeping that secret from me. I text my ex congratulations but in reality I think they are now dead to me. I have told my family and other associates of my ex that if I see or hear of her or the baby they will also be out of my life. I do not care if it is a boy or a girl, I never want to see a picture of it or my ex again.
In my opinion, me and my ex were going to make another go of it and I was actually planning to surprise her when my son finished primary school (6 weeks left) by potentially relocating. This was another factor in me trying to get better, as I wanted to BE better for us. I believe we would’ve eventually had a child as we had spoken about it in depth but as I had said it was not the right time.
I feel extremely betrayed by both of them and the anger is like something I’ve never felt before. I feel so upset and hurt and confused and every single emotion there is except happy and full of joy for her.
My best friend thinks it’s pathetic that I’m pissed at her but she literally lied to me and knew it was coming and knew I was already in a fragile mental state. She does not understand how I feel betrayed and I asked her several times to leave me alone as I wanted to be alone but she kept pushing the argument, so I blocked her. Oh, my best friend is also a mental health nurse, so you’d think that having a best friend with EUPD plus other things would maybe make her think ‘yeah she probably will be more upset than the average person’ but no. I’m just pathetic. I haven’t spoken to my ex as she is on holiday and as much as she has betrayed me when I thought we were working towards being together again, I don’t want to spoil her holiday. Since my best friend called me pathetic etc and basically insinuated that I was over reacting, I want to know if I am over reacting?
submitted by Brave_Assumption_541
to confessions [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:53 imadethisacctoask1q I got up at 4am to take care of my newborn baby brother, while nmom was at work
I raised my newborn baby brother at 10 years old. I would wake up every single morning at 4AM, feed him his breakfast, and then change him. I would play with him, and calm his tantrums. My mom would return at 10AM. I watched him for 6 hours. That’s nearly a full time job for a 10 year old CHILD. My nmom never gave me any sort of recognition or appreciation for what I did. I sacrificed my childhood to be able to take care of a newborn baby. I was homeschooled so I could watch him early in the morning. Most kids my age were playing outside, learning in school, and hanging out with their friends. (As children should.) I was working. What I gave up to take care of my newborn brother, according to my nmom, was “normal.” She told me I was just being a “good sister.” Implying what I was doing was the bare minimum. My nmom made it out to seem like all children just causally got up at 4AM to take care of their siblings for 6 hours. My nmom quit her job when I was 11, so luckily I didn’t have to get up at 4AM anymore. From ages 11-12 I’d watch my brother every single day for 1-2 hours. On weekends, that could be up to 10 hours. This happened all the time. Then, at 13 years old, my baby sister came into the picture. The hours were the same, but then I had to watch a toddler, and a newborn baby. I love my siblings, but being a full time babysitter at 10-13 years old is draining. My nmom got into an argument with me recently, about how “lazy” I am because I never watch my younger siblings. This isn’t true at all. I watch them usually 1-3 times a month. I’m not paid either. I’m 15 now, and the reason I don’t watch my siblings as much anymore, is simply because they’ve grown up. They are no longer babies, and they can be taken places with my parents. Whenever my parents tell me to watch them, I always do it. None of my other siblings are asked this. Even when they occasionally are, they never bother to help. I’m the one that ends up taking care of them. My nmom overheard me telling a friend about getting up at 4AM to take care of my brother. My mom mocked me, saying “Ohh I had to get up at 4AM to help out with my brother. Oh, I’m some tragic sad victim.” Then she added, “Now you’ve done absolutely nothing since then.” God I just love my mom.
submitted by imadethisacctoask1q
to raisedbynarcissists [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:51 scm_xpress Best ICD Near Me
| || | submitted by scm_xpress to u/scm_xpress [link] [comments]
If you're in need of a dependable, efficient, and cost-effective ICD near me
, look no further than SCM Xpress. We are your ultimate destination for all your shipping requirements. Our ICD facility is designed to provide the best solution for your cargo transportation needs. We offer an advanced EDI system that allows you to effortlessly track the progress of your cargo and receive regular updates regarding its location.
ICD near me
2023.06.06 07:50 Then-Act7753 Need help
This is all in california. So two things happend, first thing happened 2 months ago, then the second thing just 30 min ago. first thing is, i was driving down a road that i thought the speed limit was 45, its actually a 35 road, i was going 60, only because the 3 other people near me also we going the same speed. A cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket. this was the first time i have ever been pulled over too. is there a way that i could possibly fight it or no? i was going to just pay it and be done with it but when i called the police department they said it can take up to a YEAR to prossess! I have devolped sever anxiety and depression because of this too, witch is not helping.
Second thing is, as i was drving home from work, i was sent to a new place today that i've never been to, and i stopped at an intersection and i started turning right when i noticed that there was a no turn on right red light. when i notcied that i stopped and reversed back into the lane, there was no one behind me thankfully. i don't think that my end tires passed the lines and i didn't see any cameras but is it still considered me running the red light? if so then can i fight it?
Thank you everyone in advance.
submitted by Then-Act7753
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:49 Due_Swim_7403 incoming pre-med kinda spiraling LMAO
so i dont rlly like to use being FGLI as an excuse for not knowing stuff or being behind but not having someone to ask abt this stuff has me damn near panic attacks and I've never even had anxiety or anything like that lol, but the more I research the more confused and behind I feel. so I just have some questions and if there's any other information you wanna add it would be very greatly appreciated. also if there's a better place to be asking these questions, please let me know! i know we'll be getting frocos but besides them lol.
- should I take math 112, 115, or 120 as a first year? do I only need to take one math class? if I do take math 112, can I stop there/is that sufficient for pre med requirements?
- if I don't take organic chem my first year, will I have to take a gap year?
- what ecs should I be doing/what ecs did you do?
- how do I get involved with research, do I just cold email? should I be doing that right now? should I be researching during the year or just the summer?
- have any pre meds studied abroad, how did you go about it? can you research abroad?
- what were the classes you took throughout college or in your first year as a pre med?
- how can I prepare for my classes? are the syllabi posted?
- how are you getting your patient care hours? during the summer? school year? where?
- how many hours of volunteering, shadowing, and patient care-related job did you have?
- is there a place to find courses/professors for next year? i know course selection hasn't opened yet but I want to try and see ahead of time.
submitted by Due_Swim_7403
to yale [link] [comments]
2023.06.06 07:48 throwawayforariel Review of The Little Mermaid, Society, and Culture (part 1)
- Compared to the original, this is an unwatchable travesty on every level.
- Compared to the live-action remakes of this generation, it is pretty good, and the '89 songs are obviously still great...
- . . . But, the nuances in change and inflection, as well as the dramatic high notes added to change what were already perfect songs into what are now try-hard ballads, can be jarring and/or feel dense in your ears.
- The three new songs are shockingly, offensively bad. Terribly written cheap cliches, horribly sung, and unnecessarily character-bending; low-hangy-fruity metaphors about "uncharted water" vs "gravity" like wtf bitches, I know this was a kid's film but it wasn't some like "goo-goo-ga-ga teletubbies dumb-dumb spoonfeed me and beat me over the head" level infant show you assholes, what is this: a. Ariel's new song is so awful it's actually hurtful and degrading to viewers everywhere- fans and nonfans alike. And referring to herself using the third person is not an Ariel thing, it's a loser thing; b. Eric's strangely effeminate, emasculating, and desperate plea to be rescued by his fantasy girl in the form of his song is just unbelievable. Unbelievable what they did to that man, what a pansy they reduced him to. c. Scuttle's song ironically seems the most appropriate, at least in that it's short and funny enough without altering the character or tone much at all.
- Eric is emasculated on various levels (and he is wearing Aladdin's vest, why). He doesn't ever get to prove himself, he doesn't get to annihilate Ursula and save Ariel, and they've even given him a mother who basically keeps his balls in her purse: why?
- That's not Ariel. Not physically, not energetically. If this girl is confused/offended to find that people don't think she looks like Ariel, then she obviously needs mental help. And, she often sounds like JLo, as in weirdly nasal and shrill. And, she has the stout upper body of a gymnast, not the delicate feminine ribbon form of Ariel-- and don't fucking tell me garbage like, "body shaming!" because the actress is obviously a gorgeous super model and I'm not saying shit, but her brand of gorgeous happens to not be the fucking brand of the character's gorgeous, and yes it fucking matters you idiots, otherwise it is not a fucking remake. And don't tell me "well it's more realistic that swimmers have stronger upper bodies," because she uses her gigantic FIN and CORE for movement, not her arms much at all. AND she's a mermaid in a film with talking fish so stop acting like "realism" is a tool or a base for your arguments anyway. She doesn't fit the bill, stop trying to pretend she does. We have fucking eyes lol the jig is up wtf are you doing. be embarrassed already and go delete this movie from history right now. The dinglehopper, the iconic hair flip breaking the surface? This shit wasn't written for dreadlocks, neither could be practically accomplished in dreadlocks. Singing longingly at him from the rock, hair flowing wildly and brightly in the wind? Now we have some heavy head of a mop struggling humiliatingly and painfully to prop itself on a rock in some grim display despite it being broad fucking daylight somehow? wtf you clowns. You would have at least made the sea surface fucking sparkle and stuff if it didn't only overemphasize how drab your mermaid inherently is.
Those aren't her sisters, what with their random new names. That's not Ursula, and Ursula is not Ariel's auntie. That's not Triton, mainly because Triton was never before alluded to as a total zeus-gigolo king-bigelow collecting daughters from every culture the way Ariel collects endless thingamabobs from the surface.
- Those are not Sebastian, Scuttle, and Flounder, but they are endearing enough for this film, and they're a likable trio.
- The girl who plays Vanessa is the best part of this film and the best actor here: her screen time is like a total of 60-90 seconds in all, and yet she has the most intense and fulfilling resemblance to the energy of the cartoon character she is portraying. She for me made this remake worth it over anything else here.
- The graphics are not superb if you care about that stuff. I don't really so it didn't bug me, but nobody looks like they're underwater during dialogues and there are no bubbles ever. The distant shots of her swimming through the water are gorgeous for me personally because I've been preoccupied with mermaids since childhood.
- The dresses. The world's most iconic dresses: the blue town dress with the blue bouncy bow, the pink dining gown, the shimmering purple gown, even the white shipwreck thingy with ropes that Scuttle designed. Not a single one of them anywhere to be found in the remake, how dare they...? Instead, we get this cheap, dull frump of a frilly tulle nightmare from some hell dimension where tears are the only currency, paired with some dirty rag of a headband...? wtf man. They didn't even try. They literally kidnapped a Knott's Berry Farm employee in the midst of her jam-making shift, beat her up, stole her smock, and threw it at this random black kid, and then rolled cameras like "here- you be ariel i guess. we have no time, this much so far has already cost $17 billion, hurry, the goal was to launder money not actually spend any, quiCK!"
And what is that weird tube top she wears as a mermaid? WTF is that? A piece of her own fin that she skinned off and plastered across her chest...? Why does it have scales dude it still looks alive and what the fuck is wrong with ALL of you sisters and your skin looking like your fins in the form of fancy tops? Is this how your skin just grows, like those are your tits? Because if not, then you found fish that look exactly like yourselves and harvested them for fashion, if not self-mutilated.
- Two-hour run time = too long.
- It'll make you nostalgic over the original so you'll likely rewatch the '89 classic to wash this one out of your mouth.
I ended it there.
And then a new wave started forming so I continued lol.
- There is a painful recurring issue in this movie: some moments and lines are nearly identical to a point that is almost so fulfilling to relive ... and then there's this slight yet awkward change in the delivery or the word inflection or something that creates this huge THUD in energy, like it just FALLS so LIMP on your head. They invite the comparison and use it to hook your engagement for a second, manipulating you through a nostalgia-mimic-tease, then they immediately drop the ball and make it SUCK and force you to just bo0m DISSOCIATE so hard. I can't explain what a gross, violating feeling it is. It's like, do something way different, OR keep everything the exact same, DON'T meander about somewhere in the middle where there is zero meaning, and DON'T embark upon recreating a scene or a line only to deviate from it mid-sequence or mid-sentence.
- It's creepy any time she pops her head above water lurking to secretly observe Eric. It's like horrifying. Why is it always dark, why is she always wriggling her fingers like an excited witch over the rocks, and why does her hair look like the girl's from the Ring.
- In Aladdin, they do this weird thing where "the help" gets involved in the background like in a Shakespearean play, to aid in the young lovers' love, which I thought was annoying. Then they photocopied that general subplot into this remake too, shamelessly, carelessly, as not-Grimsby and some random new lady nobody asked for are to be some unsung heroes now.
- Also, they morphed Eric into Princess Jasmine in this remake, what with his "but i don't wanna be a prince, i wanna go beyond the palace walls, oppressive parent-figure!" just to complete his character transformation into a woman, I guess?
- Ariel is the valiant knight who kills Ursula, and she doesn't wed Erica in the end, just to complete her character transformation into a man, I guess?
- Ariel suddenly chiming in passionately during "Under the Sea" is a humiliating misunderstanding of the whole plot.
- Scuttle was honestly okay. Of all the horrible things of this movie, she's not among them. Obnoxious, eccentric, slapsticky, raspy, blunt ass energy: she's not Scuttle, but she's a good enough rendition of his general energy. Most importantly, kids will likely enjoy Scuttle and Sebastian more than anything else over the grueling two hours.
- There's nothing to say about Triton, because there was nothing there. Just the low monotone echoes of some hispanic dude in the distance? He was like a ghost, played by a ghost.
There's nothing to say about Ursula, because there was nothing there. She was almost exactly like the cartoon one for the most part, only like the general skeleton form or outline of her with nothing inside. Or like a cardboard cutout of her that somebody apathetically toted about the scenery as if just to get a reference the way they do in pre-shoots and rehearsals and shit. The parts where she should be intensely belting or spitting shit out, she is muted; the parts where she should be calm, she is belting shit out and making a spectacle out of her confused, talentless self.
- There's no grand orchestral opening scene introducing the sisters- huge letdown from the film's onset. But at least it plummets your expectations to a safe below ground haven from whence you might endure the rest of the, like I said, grueling hours.
- The glittery sparkling ocean surface and dreamy land/seascapes: nowhere to be found. The gorgeous glistening seaside castle: fucking gone man. There are just zero shimmers, sparkles, bubbles, or color pops in this bleak abysmal damp cave of a fucking movie, people, when that was like 94% of the freaking aesthetic, vibe, energy, spirit, function, lullaby, and purpose of the goddamn original. I'll kill you all for this shit.
- In the end, all the wealthy black fisherman in broken down boats (?) within a blink of an eye suddenly find themselves surrounded by terrifying sci-fi fish-people-aliens, some just chilling there in their own personal boats like this is their uncle's lagoon, nonchalantly flapping their gigantic slimy fins all over the place with such a sense of belonging somehow like this is their comfort zone, rubbing their titty-scales on everybody's personal property, making out with the locals and shit- like holy smokes they came together pretty quick, no shock, no nothing, fucking none of these humans are scared, confused, or even like squeamish? BUT the only other time you saw this shit was when that gigantic octopus almost ate all of your babies at the last wedding: why are you so calm that being your only other association to these creatures...?! And if you're this calm and unfazed by sea-people, then what the fuck was even the main conflict of this entire film? Ariel could have been flapping her way through the city streets emasculating Eric in public instead of just in private this whole time, obviously nobody here cares, fish, human, pegasus, black queen, what have you, they're all within the realm of possibility- nay, probability. In the cartoon, the mermaids respect fucking boundaries in the end, they're just waving goodbye from their ocean border, they're not crawling into the people's fucking houses at high tide wagging their fish genitals at humanity looking to breed a new species in the name of a wedding nobody invited them to wtf is this.
- The original's a father-daughter story before it's a boy-girl-love story. Anybody who gives a shit about that movie knows that. Doing things like giving Erica extra songs/story pieces as if he's co-star of the narrative is such a mortifyingly dense misconception of such an otherwise uniquely gorgeous, deep story singing a whole other tune entirely. Legitimately shameful.
. . . AND THEN rewriting the "love story" so that Ariel's "a more empowered female" as if to admit you mislabeled the original Ariel "unempowered," as in, you obviously oppressed her by overlooking everything beautiful and true about her, projecting all of this shit "to fix" that didn't even exist, and by "fixing it" as you have, you only stripped the girl of her voice. Your movie makes it clear you have no idea what the film you're "recreating" is even about, and your capacity to grasp the basic symbolism, themes, and meanings of even children's films is below a third-grade level.
submitted by throwawayforariel
to u/throwawayforariel [link] [comments]